News from the City of Indio:
INDIO, CA (September 28, 2016) – The City of Indio, in conjunction with the City of La Quinta and promoter Goldenvoice, have announced planned road closures and designated access routes for Weekend 1 and Weekend 2 of Desert Trip. The three-day concert, featuring six legendary bands including Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones, Neil Young, Paul McCartney, the Who and Roger Waters, will be held on back-to-back weekends, October 7-9 and October 14-16 at Empire Polo Club.
The following roadways will function as primary routes:
- Jefferson Street, southbound from Interstate 10 to Avenue 52
- Washington Street, southbound from Interstate 10 to Avenue 52
- Monroe Street, southbound from Interstate 10 to Avenue 52
- Highway 111 at Jefferson Street
- Highway 111 at Monroe Street
- Interstate 10 exit eastbound at Jefferson
- Interstate 10 exit eastbound at Monroe
Planned road closures include:
- Avenue 49 between between Hjorth Street and Monroe
- Avenue 50 between Madison Street and Jackson Street
- Hjorth Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 50
- Madison Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 52
- Carreon Boulevard between Oasis Street and Arabia Street
- North and south travel, use Washington, Jackson, Calhoun Street and Golf Center Parkway
- East and west travel, use Fred Waring Drive, Miles Avenue, Avenue 48 and Avenue 54
Uber/taxi pick-off and drop-off will be located in Shuttle Lot, on the north side of Avenue 50, just east of Hjorth, until 8 p.m. each night of the concert. After 8 p.m., concertgoers in ubers/taxis will be re-routed to the Riverside County Fairgrounds and then be shuttled to the venue. The last shuttle to the venue from the fairgrounds will be at 10 p.m. All uber/taxi concertgoers will be transported from the Shuttle Lot to the fairgrounds after 8 p.m. to connect with their driver.
Absolutely no pedestrians or pedestrian access to the concert will be permitted on Monroe Street between Avenue 49 and Avenue 52. Pedestrian access will be available at the corner of Avenue 49 and Monroe Street, and at the corner of Avenue 52 and Madison Street. Golf carts will not be permitted anywhere.
There will be approximately 25,000 guests shuttled into and out of the concert venue from various locations to help ease traffic conditions.
La Quinta Code Compliance Officers will be accessible during both Desert Trip weekends from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. at (760) 777-7145.
To report short-term rental home violations, please call:
Indio: (760) 883-1838
La Quinta: (760) 833-9050
For more information, please call (760) 391-4112 or send an email to email@example.com