What is “It’s Your Time: An Entrepreneurial Training Series for Women”? It’s Your Time: An Entrepreneurial Training Series for Women (IYT) is an intensive business start-up program with the goal of helping women entrepreneurs become business owners. Participants will attend a minimum of 10 workshops, work individually with a business counselor for at least two hours, complete a vision board, and write a business plan. Upon completion of the IYT program, selected participants will be awarded a prize package based on the quality of their business plans.
Who is eligible? To be eligible you must be a woman living in Riverside or San Bernardino County and ready to start a business. It is important you have a well-thought-out idea of what you want to accomplish as a business owner.
Investment: The IYT program is offered at minimal cost with investments starting at $30 to $130 depending on your income bracket. Program value is over $500 for just the workshops, exclusive of the free counseling and mentoring. Income brackets are determined by the self-certification form included in the application. Your outlay for the program is due when you pick up your pre-orientation packet. Proof of income will be required. (Examples of proof of income include: tax returns, unemployment statements, or pay stubs).
How do you apply?
1. Complete this application.
2. Write a one page essay about the business you want to start or grow (last page).
3. Include a recent (within the last 6 months) letter of reference from a family member, friend, or colleague specifically regarding your participation in the It’s Your Time program.
4. Be available to attend orientation February 1, 2018 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., and the midpoint on March 22, 2018 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
5. Submit the application packet to Kim Scanlan via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to 77806 Flora Road, Suite A, Palm Desert, CA 92211 by Friday, January 26, 2018 before 5 p.m.
**For additional information call (760) 345-9200 or visit www.cvwbc.org. All applications must be typed. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
How are participants selected? Judges will review all completed applications. An oral interview is required.
When will the selected participants be notified? Program participants will be notified by phone or email no later than January 30, 2018.
APPLICATION BELOW FOR FEBRUARY AND SPRING