November 12 - December 31
This holiday season looks a little different, but we can still share joy. Shop Small and support your favorite small businesses – both in-store and online – all holiday season long.
Did you know?
- For every $100 you spend at locally owned businesses, $68 will stay in the community. What happens when you spend that same $100 at a national chain? Only $43 stays in the community.
- When you shop locally, you help create jobs for teachers, firemen, police officers, and many other essential professions.
- Buying from a locally owned business conserves energy and resources in the form of less fuel for transportation and less packaging.
- Local business owners know you, and you know them. Studies have shown that local businesses donate to community causes at more than twice the rate of chains.
- Shopping in a local business district means less infrastructure, less maintenance, and more money available to beautify your community. Also, spending locally ensures that your sales taxes are reinvested where they belong— in your community!
- You are their friends and neighbors, and locally owned businesses have a vested interest in knowing how to serve you. They’re passionate about what they do. Why not take advantage of it?
- Creativity and entrepreneurship are what the American economy is founded upon. Nurturing local business ensures a strong community.