January 25 @ 11:45 am - 12:45 pm
Co-hosted by OneFuture Coachella Valley (OFCV) and the Greater Coachella Valley Chamber of Commerce (GCVCC) and sponsored by the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians (ACBCI), this 60-minute panel discussion with regional higher education executive leadership will provide insights into how our colleges and universities are contributing to local talent development and supporting future leaders in the midst of global health, economic and civic disruption – structuring hope for our students and our valley.
This webinar is free and open to the public. The event will be hosted via Zoom Conferencing on Monday, January 25th, 2021, at 11:45 AM. The panel discussion will run approximately one hour and will welcome the following 4 speakers.
Dr. Joel Kinnamon, President, College of the Desert
Dr. Jake Zhu, Dean, California State University San Bernardino, Palm Desert Campus
Dr. Tomås Morales, President, California State University San Bernardino
Dr. Kim Wilcox, Chancellor, University of California Riverside
During this conversation the speakers will provide insights into how colleges are preparing our future workforce, as well as managing the current health crisis. Some of the topics discussed during the webinar will include:
- What are your new realities – what is the status of higher education and what has changed as a result of COVID?
- Applications, admission and enrollment
- Remote and online learning
- Financial/cost of college
- How has the value proposition for a higher education changed with COVID and a move to online education? For students, parents, employers?
- For low income students, a college degree is the single greatest determinant of future employment and income. How are your institutions addressing the fact that these students are dropping out at disproportionately higher rates?
- How can your institutions respond to local employer needs for a flexible workforce?
- The region adopted a bold goal of 70% of students completing degrees and certificates in 6-years. What can your institutions do together to meet this goal?
Registration for this conference is free, all are welcome until the event reaches maximum line capacity. To register for this event, click the registration link below and fill out the required form. The system will generate login information for you. You may join the conference via video connection, or if you wish you may listen on your phone. There will be no live Q&A, however participants are encouraged to submit their questions in advance to [email protected].
For more information on this event, please call (760) 347-0676, or email us at [email protected].