Your website is the first thing a potential customer sees when researching your business and you have literally only minutes to make a first impression that decides whether they take the next step with you,
The fundamental practice, is the information the customer is looking for must be quick to locate and easy to download and mobile friendly. Website performance must be optimal for customers to consider doing business with you. In fact, 40% of people will abandon a website if it takes 3 seconds or more to load! (source – Kissmetrics). For an ecommerce site that sells 100k/day, a 1 second delay could potentially cost you 2.5 million a year.
Answer the following questions below to see if your web site is performing up to standard:
1) Web site load times – How quickly does your web site load?
2) Responsive Websites – does your web site fit any screen, i.e., mobile devices and desktop.
3) Search Engine Optimization – Are you ranking on the first or second page on organic searches?
4) Pay Per Click Advertising & Remarketing – Do you have an online ad strategy to capture more customers outside of your current social media or customer base?
5) Social Media Management – Are you keeping up with social media such as Facebook Instagram, LinkedIn and Yelp (are you responding to reviews?).
6) High quality content – Do you have interesting content for your industry i.e., like blog posts and articles posted on your website not only helps your website rankings but attracts high quality leads.
Your website is the critical component to the ongoing success of any business and represents your business. As new competitors come online, it is imperative that your website, loads quickly, provides relevant content, and ranks high in organic searches that dominate your geographic location.
Choose a digital agency that has proven results and provides transparent results. Developing an online strategy is a collaborative effort that requires your input. This is a perfect time to get your web site strategy in place for the upcoming season. The longer you wait the more ground you will have to make up down the road, so start today!
Annette Said, Leap Online Marketing
74-947 Highway 111, Ste 200
Indian Wells, CA 92211