News from: The City of Indio
In anticipation of California’s changing guidelines regarding COVID-19, some City of Indio offices and lobbies that were closed to the public, or open only by appointment since March 16, 2020, will fully reopen to the public on June 15, 2021.
“We appreciate your patience and courtesy as we adjust to the changes at the state and local level,” said Indio Mayor Elaine Holmes. “As this process evolves, we ask for your help in maintaining safety and health precautions by masking and using social distancing while doing business at City Hall or any city facility.”
Effective June 15:
- Lobby services at Indio Water Authority will be open from 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. However, nearly all transactions, including bill pay, can still be conducted online or by phone. Bill pay can also be conducted via drop box, through the web portal, or by phone. Call (760) 391-4038 or email [email protected] for additional information.
- City Hall and counter services will be open to the public from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Use of online services is still suggested. Details on scheduling an appointment after 4:00 p.m., submitting for plans or permits, or obtaining business licenses online can be found on the City’s website.
- The lobby of the Indio Police Department will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call (760) 391-4051, Extension #2 to make an appointment for lobby services. To file an online report, request a copy of a police report or for additional police information, please go to indiopd.org.
Effective June 21:
- The Indio Senior Center is preparing to reopen on June 21, 2021. Go to indio.org/seniorcenter or call (760) 391-4170 for information about registering for classes, becoming a member, or renewing a membership. Pre-registration for classes and membership to the Indio Senior Center will be required. Reservations will begin June 14, 2021.
- Garage sale permits will be available in-person at the Indio Senior Center.
The Indio Teen Center is now open for in-person and virtual programming. For more information, call (760) 541-4400 or go to www.indio.org/teencenter
Indio’s City Council Chamber will remain closed to the public for the time being, awaiting additional direction from public health authorities. Members of the public may continue to participate in meetings via email or Zoom. Council and commission meetings are available for viewing on the City’s website, Facebook page and YouTube channel.
For more information about ongoing activities related to COVID-19 and how it may impact the City of Indio, go to the City’s dedicated COVID-19 website: www.indio.org/coronavirus