City Council updates from around the Valley
Support – Proposal falls within the scope of supported measures for the respective city’s legislative platform as established by their local chamber board.
Oppose – Proposal falls within the scope of opposed measures for this city’s legislative platform as established by their local chamber board.
Neutral/Watch – Proposal does not currently fall within the city’s legislative platform as established by their local chamber board, but has the potential to produce action that does.
City of Indio
- Joint venture I-Hub with City of Indio, CVEP and Chamber approved. (Support)
- A Study Session for City Council Discussion and Direction regarding Cannabis and Hemp Land Use Policies was held. (Neutral/Watch)
- Professional Services Agreement with D&B Visions in an amount not-to-exceed $70,000, for Commercial and Multi-Family Housing Recycling Program. This program will assist commercial properties, primarily restaurants, with compliance with AB341, AB1826, and SB1383, related to recyclable waste diversion. (Support)
City of Cathedral City
- Recommended approval for construction of a convenience store (Tower market) and service station on northwest corner of Date Palm Drive and Ortega Road. (Support)
- 2-year inspection services contract to GC Construction Inspection Management, Inc. for construction inspection support services for the City Engineering Department. (Support)
- Discussion of current City Hall hours and services offered on Friday. (Neutral Pending Proposal)
- City requested a “comprehensive analysis and review of all water import alternatives, including salt water as a long-term solution for the restoration of the Salton Sea”. (Support)
- Approved agreement with Allied Universal Security Services to provide private security services for a short-term vacation rental (STVR) enforcement pilot program. (Support)
City of La Quinta
- City of La Quinta held a Planning Session to discuss their Highway 111 Corridor Plan and implementation actions. (Support)
- Approve formation and scope of an ad hoc committee to evaluate the City’s Short-Term Vacation Rental Program and appoint members. (Neutral/Watch)
City of Coachella
- Approve lease agreement between the City of Coachella and Greater Coachella Valley Chamber of Commerce for property at 1515 Sixth Street, Coachella; approve termination of current lease for property at 1258 Sixth Street. (Support)
- Ordinance No. 1144 approving Change of Zone (CZ 18-02) to add the RC (Retail Cannabis) overlay zone to the existing CG (General Commercial) zone at the northwest corner of Grapefruit Boulevard and 7th Street. (Support)